Hi Social Admins,
Sending along a new feature that Instagram just rolled out that allows Instagram business accounts to add a “Donate” call-to-action in your Instagram profiles. This new Donate CTA will allow TNC to raise money directly from our Instagram profiles, in addition to the existing Donation sticker in Instagram Stories.
To get started, check to make sure that your account has taken the following steps to be eligible to fundraise on Instagram:
- Onboarded to Facebook’s Charitable Giving tools — Charity Verification
- Linked Facebook + Instagram accounts — Instructions
- Use Instagram Business Profiles — Instructions
Once your account is eligible to fundraise on Instagram, you can add the Donate CTA on your Instagram profile by taking the following steps:
- Go to your organization’s profile on the Instagram app and tap the three bars on the top right-hand corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Business, then tap Donations. If you do not see Donations, please let me know.
- Next to Add Donate Button to Profile, swipe the button to the right until it’s green to turn it on.
We just added this to the Global handles with no problem but if you run into any issues – let me know.
Director, Digital Channel Strategy