The Centralized Email Program (CEP) handles the mass distribution of emails to recipients outside of the organization, such as advocacy emails, planned giving emails, and state chapter event information. These email sends can originate through requests submitted by program email coordinators or directly from membership. You can learn more about the CEP on the CEP landing page.
Every program can request up to one email send per month. It is important that these sends are spaced out from the Great Places Network (GPN) emails and other general membership communications to increase the chances that the audience will open the emails and not feel overwhelmed or "spammed" by TNC.
The Centralized Email Program calendar shows when CEP emails and US Membership email sends are scheduled. If you are an email coordinator for your program, you can take at look a the calendar and to find days when your audience is not already recieving communications from TNC. It is helpful to check on this before submitting your request so that we will not need to delay your request approval by having to discuss and adjust the send date.
The best way to see what’s coming up on the Centralized Email Program calendar is to add it directly to your Outlook. Follow the instructions below to add the CEP calendar to your Outlook calendars.
As with all Outlook calendars, you can toggle the calendar on when you want to check the schedule, and toggle it off if you no longer want to view it. You may also find it helpful to view the calendar in list view to get more information about the emails sending in a given time period.
1. Sign into your email at outlook.office.com
Note: If you haven't used the Outlook web app in a while, it might prompt you to switch to the "New Outlook" - please do that! These instructions refer to the New Outlook layout.
2. Go to your calendar
3. Click "Add calendar" on the left
4. Click "Subscribe from web" on the left
5. Copy and paste the following URL into the "Link to calendar" entry field: https://confluence.tnc.org/rest/calendar-services/1.0/calendar/export/subcalendar/private/67426a2c2534620d51b952b074b1c058ec4c7bfb.ics
6. Give the calendar a name (e.g., CEP Email Calendar) and select a color and icon
7. Click "Import"
After following these steps, you should be able to view the calendar in your Outlook and you should be able to see all the Centralized Email Program scheduled email sends. You may need to close and re-open your Outlook desktop app in order to see the new calendar.
Getting an error message? Try:
- In the "Calendar name" field enter whatever name you would like to call your calendar
- Highlight the calendar link above
- Right click
- Select "Copy link address" (your browser might say "Copy link location" or similar)
- Paste the link into the "Link to calendar" field
- The Outlook web app should sync with your Outlook desktop application (so you should be able to see the calendar on your desktop application); you may need to quit the desktop application and reopen it to see the calendar
- It may take a few hours from when you first set up the calendar to populate past emails onto the calendar (sent in the weeks prior to the current week), but all emails for the current and future weeks should appear immediately
- The Outlook calendar is synced to the Confluence calendar so that as information is updated it will be reflected on your Outlook calendar, but there is usually a slight synchronization delay