Text Messaging Goals
The Nature Conservancy utilizes text messaging as a marketing touch pain to connect with its audiences to achieve three primary goals:
Drive awareness of TNC and our work globally to new and existing audiences.
Encourage recipients to engage by visiting TNC's website and take actions to sustain meaningful relationships.
3. Fundraising/Lead Acquisition
Introduce potential donors to The Nature Conservancy and convert prospects to members. Engage, cultivate and retain current donors regardless of channel of origin.
Watch a Global Digital University (GDU) session on Texting SMS 101 presented by former Digital Production Manager, Lane Horter. Discussed are changes in TNC's test-to-donate platform, as well as how text message marketing can be utilized by TNC.
Centralized Text Messaging Program
Why is text messaging centralized?
Global Digital coordinates text campaigns and supporter text messages to ensure that TNC is sending the right message to the right supporter at the right time – no matter where the messaging need comes from within the organization.
- Ensure consistent branding & messaging
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Leverage test results & learning to make channel more effective
- Legal and SOP compliance
- Build governance around best practices and policies
- Establish better understanding of our audience
- Establish baseline metrics
- Explore creative campaign ideas to engage members
- Continue to work with state chapters and teams across TNC to meet organizational goals