DAM Management in 7 Steps
If you placed a photo (or other asset) in the wrong DAM folder, if you want to give an asset a better file name, or if you need to delete an asset altogether, you can follow the steps below or watch the screen recording.
- Select the photo by clicking on the thumbnail (make sure you see the checkmark)
- In the toolbar, select "Move" (indicated by an icon with arrows pointing to cardinal directions)
- In the field "Name after move" you can change the file name (make sure to maintain the file extension, such as .jpg or .png!!)
- Navigate to the folder where the image should go after the move and select the folder icon (make sure you see the checkmark)
- Click the "Next" button in the top right corner.
- By default, "republish" is checked for published assets and unchecked for unpublished assets. You will need to publish the image in the new location before using it on a page.
- Click the "Move" button in the top right corner.
- Select the asset by clicking on the thumbnail (make sure you see the checkmark)
- In the toolbar, click the Delete, indicated by the trash bin icon. You may need to first click the elipsis (...) at the right end of the toolbar, then click delete from the dropdown.
- Click Delete to delete or Cancel to keep the asset in the DAM. Make sure that the asset is not active on AEM before you delete it. If you delete an asset in use it will result in a broken image on the live website.